WIPP's legislative strategy is to have the greatest possible impact for small business owners. We focus on our economic principles and craft a succinct small business message that we bring directly to members of Congress, the White House and Federal Agencies. Your guidance and advocacy efforts together with political reality allows us to move our agenda forward effectively.
Join WIPP's Procurement Committee to get access to exclusive policy briefings and teleconferences with industry experts and policymakers on federal contracting and related issues. Committee members receive special communications on policy, regulations, and research on this subject matter
Visit WIPP's Economic Blueprint to learn more about this policy priority and other WIPP legislative efforts.l
PROCUREMENT NEWS & POLICY UPDATES
- S. 2138 - Small Business Subcontracting Transparency Act of 2015
- S. 2139 - Small Contractors Improve Competition Act of 2015
- H.R. 4341 - Defending America's Small Contractors Act of 2016
- H.R 1735, National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
- H.R. 1481, the Small Contractors Improve Competition Act; Sponsor: Rep. Steve Chabot (R-OH)
- H.R. 185, the Regulatory Accountability Act of 2015; Sponsor: Rep. Bob Goodlatte (R-VA)
- H.R. 273, the Minority Small Business Enhancement Act of 2015; Sponsor: Rep. Bobby Rush (D-IL).
- To view the text of Sole Source Legislation without wading through the 1600+ page document, please click on THIS LINK.
GIVE ME 5
Give Me 5 is a national program from WIPP and American Express OPEN designed to educate women business owners on how to apply for and secure federal procurement opportunities. It works to increase the representation of Women Business Owners that win government contracts by providing accessible business education tools to assist both new and experienced federal contractors. Women business Owners could gain more that $4 billion in annual revenues if the 5% contracting goal set by Congress were to be reached.
Register for upcoming webinars and/or listen to previously recorded webinars by clicking on www.GiveMe5.com
ChallengeHER is an initiative from the Small Business Administration (SBA), Women Impacting Public Policy (WIPP), and American Express OPEN (OPEN) designed to strengthen and promote the WOSB Federal Contract Program. This program offers contracting events and workshops, access to online webinars, mentoring opportunities and matchmaking with government buyers. ChallengeHER provides women entrepreneurs with the knowledge and connections to help them successfully compete in the government marketplace.