Nominate a Business for the 2014 Small Business Week Awards
Tuesday, December 10, 2013
Are you a small business owner with an amazing success story to tell? If so, submit your nomination today for the 2014 National Small Business Week Awards. Nominations are currently being accepted online athttp://nationalsmallbusinessweek.sba.gov/.
For more than 50 years, National Small Business Week has recognized the outstanding achievements of America’s small businesses for their contributions in their local communities, and to our nation’s economy. Winners will be announced during National Small Business Week – May 12-16, 2014.
Last year, we honored small business owner John Stonecipher—CEO ofGuidance Aviation—with the National Small Business Person of the Year Award. John turned his childhood fascination with airplanes into a successful business. Today Guidance Aviation has a staff of 55, fourteen aircrafts and a waiting list of students ready to take flight into their futures.
Are you our next winner? Apply online today:http://nationalsmallbusinessweek.sba.gov/. In addition to the portal, nominations can also be sent directly to SBA District Offices, which can be located online atdistrict offices. All nominations must be submitted online, postmarked or hand delivered to the SBA no later than 11:59 p.m. ET on January 17, 2014.
National Small Business Week award categories include:
- Small Business Person of the Year Awards
- Small Business Exporter of the Year
- Phoenix Award for Small Business Disaster Recovery
- Phoenix Award for Outstanding Contributions to Disaster Recovery
- Federal Procurement Award- Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year Award
- Federal Procurement Award- Small Business Subcontractor of the Year Award
- Federal Procurement Award- Dwight D. Eisenhower Award for Excellence
- 8(a) Graduate of the Year Award
- Small Business Development Center Excellence and Innovation Award
- Veterans Business Outreach Center Excellence in Service Award
- Women’s Business Center of Excellence Award
For more information, visithttp://nationalsmallbusinessweek.sba.gov/.