RSVP for the Upcoming NWBC Public Meeting
Wednesday, June 18, 2014
Hello from the National Women’s Business Council!
Please join us for, and help us spread the word about, the next quarterly meeting of the NWBC – happening next Wednesday, June 25th at 11:30am ET. This meeting will focus on access to capital, one of the NWBC’s four main pillars, and we have confirmed several prominent women in funding for a conversation about innovative strategies to increase women’s access to capital in today’s new market environment. It is sure to be a dynamic conversation about the access to capital issue, and participants will also hear updates on the NWBC’s efforts to advance the women entrepreneurship agenda from our Chair, Carla Harris, as well as a recap of the President’s plans for expanding economic opportunities to women and working families by Tina Tchen. Details follow.
NWBC Public Meeting: Innovative Strategies for Women to Raise Capital
Wednesday, June 25th
11:30am - 1:00pm ET
· Carla Harris, NWBC Chair, and Vice Chairman of Global Wealth Management at Morgan Stanley
· Jane Applegate, Director of Strategic Partnerships at Plum Alley, a crowdfunding company dedicated to women’s commercial and philanthropic initiatives
· Loretta McCarthy, Managing Partner responsible for the Angel Network at Golden Seeds, an early-stage investment firm focused on women-led firms
· Kathryn Petralia, Cofounder and COO of Kabbage, a non-bank lender specializing in working capital
· Tina Tchen, Assistant to the President, Chief of Staff to the First Lady, and Executive Director of the White House Council on Women and Girls
Please RSVP to Krystal.Glass@nwbc.gov by Friday, June 20th. The NWBC public meeting is an open resource for members of the press, policy makers, stakeholders, women leaders, established & aspiring women entrepreneurs, and the general public. Webinar instructions will be shared upon RSVP. The NWBC looks forward to your participation, and specifically hearing your thoughts and ideas during the Q&A segment.
Hope you can make it! Feel free to forward the information as well.