This webinar will focus on “myRA” (“My Retirement Account”), a new retirement savings account for individuals looking for a simple, safe, and affordable way to start saving. Savers will be able to open an account for as little as $25 and contribute $5 or more every payday. myRA balances will never go down, and there will be no fees. myRA is intended for employees who do not have access to an employer-sponsored plan or who are not eligible for their employer’s plan.
> Register now
Does your small business have a marketing plan? A study by Marketo shows that companies with a documented marketing plan are more likely to be satisfied with their marketing efforts. Here's some insight about creating a marketing plan to help you achieve your goals.
> Read more
Register now for the nation’s premier event for minority businesses, taking placeJuly 31-August 1 at the Washington Hilton in Washington, DC. Join America’s most diverse entrepreneurs, business owners and executives to capitalize on actionable opportunities for business growth by:
- Networking with decision makers from multinational corporations, government representatives and leading entrepreneurs.
- Accessing information from industry experts about business expansion through capital, contracts, and new markets.
- Engaging in one-on-one meetings at our business-to-business matchmaking sessions with agency representatives to expand your network and identify opportunities.
> Read more and register
Interested in the 8(a) Business Development Program? Join our webinar and knowledgeable panelists to make sure you are getting the most out of the benefits of the program. Ask questions and learn how to take your business to the next level onJuly 23 at 2pm ET.
> Click to register
If you’re a woman-owned small business looking to contract with the federal government and seeking assistance on how to navigate in the federal procurement arena, we have good news that can help!
> Read more
Upcoming ChallengeHER Events:
Online Courses for "Encore" Entrepreneurs
- Encore Entrepreneurs: An Introduction to Starting Your Own Business: Planning to start a business after earlier career endeavors? Learn how to use the skills and wisdom you have collected on your new entrepreneurial journey as you go from idea to business reality.
- Encore Entrepreneurship for Women: This course is for women over the age of 50 who are interested in pursuing a second career and launching their own business. Get the resources you need to help you go from idea, to start up and beyond.
The SBA and Small Business Majority will continue to host free Affordable Care Act 101 weekly webinars so small business owners can learn the basics of the Affordable Care Act and how they can enroll in health insurance marketplaces.
Starting July 8th, Spanish-speaking small employers throughout the country can join representatives from SBA, HHS, and Small Business Majority for ACA 101 webinars in Spanish. Below are the registration links for the upcoming Spanish-language webinars, which will be held every other Tuesday at 4 pm ET/1 pm PT throughout the summer and fall.
We Need Your Feedback on Exporting to Europe
On July 14th, SBA will attend the sixth round of the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (T-TIP) negotiation meetings with members of the US government and the European Union in Brussels, Belgium. T-TIP is a proposed free trade agreement with the European Union. We are looking for your feedback and stories concerning issues with exporting to European countries, including success stories of exporting your product or service or any obstacles you have faced.If you have an anecdote concerning these matters, please firstname.lastname@example.org.