LaVern Jackson, WIPP National Partner, Selected to Receive Prestigious SBA Award
Monday, July 27, 2009
LaVern Jackson, WIPP National Partner and President/CEO of Joint Logistics Managers, Inc., has been selected to receive the Small Business Administration (SBA) Regional Minority Small Business Person of the Year Award for Region III (VA, WVA, MD, DC, PA, DE). The award will be presented during the Annual National Minority Enterprise Development (MED) Week Conference Gala August 26-28th in Washington, DC.
This prestigious award is intended to recognize minority small business persons who best exemplify minority entrepreneurial success.
The stated evaluation criteria for the award included:
- Must own and operate an 8a certified, in business for at least 3 years
- In satisfactory financial condition and demonstrate growth in total sales
- Must be District Winner to be considered for Regional Winner
- Must be submitted by the District Director
- Participates in community/charitable affairs
- Overcoming obstacles/adversities
- Uniqueness/special attributes and use of minority firm as suppliers, subs, etc.
-Contributes to high or emerging technologies