White House Highlights - Friday, October 15th
Monday, October 18, 2010
- President Obama appointed an Advisory Committee on Financial Capability this week. Read about the appointees here: http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2010/10/15/improving-financial-education-america.
- President Obama delivered an important speech on Infrastructure Investment <http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2010/10/11/president-infrastructure-investment-work-needs-be-done-there-are-workers-who-are-rea> , in which he discussed a new report from the Council of Economic Advisers and the Treasury Department <http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/infrastructure_investment_report.pdf> .
- Dr. Jill Biden blogs on her chat on Breast Cancer Month http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2010/10/15/a-battle-takes-place-every-day. And, we lit the White House pink Honoring Breast Cancer Awareness Month <http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2010/10/15/honoring-breast-cancer-awareness-month> !
- Tina Tchen, Director of the White House Office of Public Engagement and Executive Director of the Council on Women and Girls, hosted an adoption web chat at HHS. Watch the discussion here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpHxyoHpu8Y.
- Wenchi Yu, Policy Advisor for the Secretary's Office of Global Women's Issues at the U.S. Department of State, announces the launch of mWomen <http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2010/10/14/mobile-women-gender-equality-and-international-development> , a program that supports increasing women's access to mobile technologies through public -private partnerships.
- Carolyn Shanoff, Associate Director of Consumer and Business Education at the Federal Trade Commission, provides you with a Net Cetera Community Outreach Toolkit <http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2010/10/14/online-safety-kids> , which provides you with important and practical information about helping kids stay safe online.
- Watch as Elizabeth Warren discusses the new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau <http://www.whitehouse.gov/photos-and-video/video/2010/10/12/tuesday-talks-elizabeth-warren-consumer-financial-protection-burea> .
- Esta Soler, President of the Family Violence Prevention Fund, blogs on the role that husbands, fathers and sons can play in ending domestic violence. <http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2010/10/15/inviting-husbands-fathers-and-sons-help-end-domestic-violence>
- Jenny Kaplan, Deputy Director of the White House Council on Women and Girls, blogs on the CWG's Ohio Women's Call. A Conversation with Ohio on Women and Girls <http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2010/10/15/a-conversation-with-ohio-women-and-girls>
- Rebecca Spyke Keiser, Associate Deputy Administrator for Policy Integration at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, blogs on the Girl Scouts of America's science festival with the the California Institute of Technology and NASA <http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2010/10/15/future-women-science-and-space-exploration> .
Wenchi Yu, Policy Advisor for the Secretary's Office of Global Women's Issues at the U.S. Department of State, announces the launch of mWomen , a program that supports increasing women’s access to mobile technologies through public -private partnerships.