Nominations for the 2012 Enterprising Woman of the Year Award Open
Tuesday, November 08, 2011
Nominations for the 2012 Enterprising Women of the Year Award Will Open Monday, Oct. 3
Enterprising Women magazine is pleased to announce that it will open nominations for its 2012 Enterprising Women of the Year Award on its website (http://www.enterprisingwomen.com/) Monday, Oct. 3, 2011. Nominations for the 2012 award will close at midnight Friday, Nov. 18.
The annual Enterprising Women of the Year Award, which recognizes the finest women entrepreneurs in North America and beyond, is widely considered one of the most prestigious recognition programs for women business owners.
The 10th Annual Enterprising Women of the Year Awards Celebration will be held March 12-13, 2012 in Fort Lauderdale, FL. The 2012 award winners and Honorable Mention recipients will be celebrated at the March 13 Enterprising Women of the Year Awards Gala Dinner. They also will be profiled in the special April 2012 commemorative awards issue of Enterprising Women magazine.
If you have not previously won the Enterprising Women of the Year Award, consider using the nomination form at http://www.enterprisingwomen.com/ to nominate yourself or someone you know. Businesswomen are eligible to apply for the award if they have been in business at least three years and meet any of the following criteria:
- their company is at least 51 percent owned and managed by a woman;
- they are a woman who owns, manages and controls the business with a partner, and they own at least 33 percent of the business; or
- they are a woman entrepreneur who leads a company that has obtained venture capital and, as a result, they now hold an equity position of less than 51 percent in their company.
Nominees will be judged based upon: 1) the revenue growth of their company; 2) the leadership they have exhibited in their local communities and/or at the state, national or international levels; and 3) the ways in which they have given back to the women's business community by mentoring or supporting other women in business.
Nominees may enter in one of five categories, based upon their projected 2011 revenues:
- businesses with up to $1 million in annual revenues;
- businesses with more than $1 million and up to $5 million in annual revenues;
- businesses with more than $5 million and up to $10 million in annual revenues;
- businesses with more than $10 million and up to $25 million in annual revenues; and
- businesses with more than $25 million in annual revenues.
Help us spread the word about this prestigious recognition program for deserving women entrepreneurs. For details, visit our website at http://www.enterprisingwomen.com/.