|Join the Small Business Saturday Coalition to Help Small Business in Your Community|
Small Business Saturday 2016 was created in 2010 in response to small business owners’ most pressing need: more customers. Falling between Black Friday and Cyber Monday, November 26th, it’s a day to support the local businesses that make up the backbone of our economy.
American Express and WIPP teamed up to create the national Small Business Saturday Coalition. The Coalition serves as the promotional engine of Small Business Saturday, offering Coalition members communications tools to help amplify the Shop Small message while also promoting events in their communities.
Coalition members receive:
- Access to free marketing materials, such as in-store signage, social media posts, press releases, and email templates to help you promote Small Business Saturday
- Recognition as a Coalition member on the national Shop Small website
We need your help to grow this successful program in your local community. It’s not only a great way to increase your own local visibility as it relates to small business, but also helps drive traffic to Main Street businesses. There are two ways to get involved:
2) Take these four steps to make the ask yourself:
1) Reach out to executives at business organizations to which you belong, serve on the board, etc. These include chambers of commerce, women business organizations, business associations and more.
3) Let them know that being part of the Small Business Saturday Coalition is an easy way to shine the light on small businesses in their community this holiday season.
Small Business Saturday can play a vital role in your community. Because when small businesses thrive, communities thrive.
Join us in getting the word out to Shop Small this holiday season. Contact Lynn Bunim with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org; 415.434.4314, Ext. 1011.